Saturday, January 2, 2010

The New Year

My only excuse for not having posted since June is laziness. Sorry.
There have been no big developments in my status since then. We've been back to Houston many times, of course, and the doctors seem fairly satisfied with my progress. Ideally, I would be cancer-free, but I am not. I still have a few lesions scattered around, most of which seem to be slowly getting better. Again, the doctors seem to think this is acceptable for the time being. The hope is that as my immune system slowly develops, it will do a better job of fighting the disease. We return to Houston soon for a series of tests and doctor appointments. That will be just after the one-year anniversary of my transplant, so it's a big milestone.
My energy level has gone up and down over the months, which is normal. I've been back at work for months now, working, on average, about three-fourths of the time. We still live with all of the hygienic and other restrictions, but things are so incredibly much better than they were a year ago that we count our blessings daily.
My thanks to all who have followed this blog and offered my wife and I much needed support and well-wishes. We wish you all a very happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment